Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my piranhas havent done nothing really crazy cause ive only had em for about a month now, but do any of you guys have any crazy piranha stories?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yeah my red bellies have been delvoping blacks spots (like caribas) behind their gills ever since i add my new caribas to their tank.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I would say slap the glass heater with they're tail fins. For some reason I think they are attracted to the sound it makes.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
My rhom loves to try to attack the dog each time the dog walks past the tank.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
When my piranhas were about an inch they would swim the same pattern each night, one behind the other. They like swimming between the back glass and the heater, guess they liked the warm water. Well about a month ago I was watching them do this same habit, when one of them got suck between the heater and the glass then the next three swim right into him and each other.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
ive only had my little guy for almost a month. but he did something hilarious the other day.

i was having an episode of "Survival of the Fittest" during his feeding time, between a comet and a guppy. he was stalking both, and there was a big commotion as he split them up. then all of a sudden the guppy was gone, but the comet was still there. but my P wasnt acting like he had just eaten....he continued to hunt the comet and ate it in 2 bites. i went to pick something out of the tank after he ate, and i plonked the lid back on. then the guppy fell back into the water. it ended up that my P had scared the guppy right out of the water, and the guppy had gotten stuck to the hood.

the guppy ended up winning the game. and is back in his tank with his buddies.:Dhaha

i thought that was funny. i guess its sort of a story about my P

·
Registered
53 Posts
my tern likes to have fits of rage were he swims like crazy uprooting all of my plants and slamming into the lid of my tank for no apparent reason..then he settles down and acts like nothing happend....i think hes gone loco...

·
^word
4,324 Posts
lol even though this isnt my p's, my pacu did it and he was in the same tank, so i decided to post it. when i put my fathead minnows in for lunch my pacu always tries to gulp it down in one bite instead of ripping up peices like the p's. he has his mouth open as far as he can and it is as funny as hell.the other day he was having trouble choking down one and the head was still sticking outta his mouth. so to get it down he was banging the head of the minnow sticking out into the glass to get in down lol.

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
i fed mine a mouse. they dragged it down, bit off it's feet, and one of my caribes took a chunk out of its stomach. then they just left it there :/

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I had this one black p that would spaz everytime i got near the tank, really skittish. he jumped clear out of the water two times (had carpeting so he was ok) before I decided better to get a lid

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
Dunno how you quantify "crazy" but I had to punch one of my baby piranhas in the back (well, my fist was bigger than his body, so it was like a whole body punch) to get him off my pleco that I later moved to another tank. It was funny because I only made a fist because I didn't want them to bite off a finger tip if it came to that, and so I brushed it away with my fist and then my girlfriend said "you do realize you just punched one of your pet fish right? I need a new boyfriend..."

My rhom keeps eating my carefully aquascaped plants in his 40 gallon, it's crazy because if he keeps that up he's gonna become sushi

·
Registered
818 Posts
one of mine chased a feeder under a bit of wood which he was to small for, fish got out the other side but P was stuck...stupid idiot.
freed it and it just chilled then while the other two ate the rest of the feeders.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
two of my big rbp (8") have jumped out of my tank at night when i left the lids open. Tought me a lesson to shut the lids after feeding time...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ok I have a meanarse elongatus but he loves to be petted...I put my hand in his tank and pet his back and his side he loves it, u can see the joy in his face like a puppy dog. This is actually pretty weird because he chases my finger from outside of the glass.

Other weird thig is I have a pretty flat bodied highback rhom in a divided tank. He is going insane he wants to get to the other side so bad. One morning I got up and my 14 inch Pleco from the other side of the divider is in with the rhom now. My 2 inch rhom tries every day to get to the other side and he couldnt. There is no room in the side or top because of the tight lid, so I dont have a clue how the pleco changed places.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts