Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've been feeding my reds shrimp and hikari pellets. they love both. I tried smelt a few times, they like it but they are still too small so they end up making a mess leaving shredded scales and flesh all over. From your experiences, what fish can i chop into small chunks and wont mess up the water. In terms of fish fillets or watever. Something that doesnt leave floating oil neither. Thanks a bundle.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
I have used Tilapia, Pangasius, Redfish, Whiting and Seabass without messing up my tanks too much.

Very polluting are white flaky fish such as cod, or oily fish such as salmon, tuna steak and other fish with red meat.

G

·
Catfish is also a clean, white fillet that's relatively inexpensive.

You can also feed earthworms, although they're not entirely clean because they expell their gut contents when the piranha cut them up. But it's just a little harmless dirt.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
Bullsnake said:
You can also feed earthworms, although they're not entirely clean because they expell their gut contents when the piranha cut them up. But it's just a little harmless dirt.
[snapback]827990[/snapback]​
Keeping them in wet paper for a day or two should be enough to "empty" them - but as you said, a bit of mud never killed a piranha...

· Registered
373 Posts
Cobra said:
Can I find it in montreal canada?
[snapback]830687[/snapback]​
I use Tilapia and Sole filets occaisonally.
You can find them in montreal at most grocery stores, like maxi or Super C...look in the frozen seafood section.

The sole filet I get from Super C is about $7 for a kilogram. I think tilapia is a bit more expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.