Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
my stance on Ternetzi is that they have evolved into a different fish from Nattereri, and nobodys word is good enough without evidence

I have seen Yellow Natts (Ternetzi) that were well over 14" several times

This post has been edited by Sir Nathan XXI on Mar 19 2003, 11:58 AM
Least of all yours. So where are your pictures with a ruler, hmm?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
its not my fish to measure

You ask Knifeman or Shawn P77, I am not here to dispute their fish, I just wanted to see physical proof of a 14" Red Nattereri, surely DrFink or the like would have evidence of it, thats all I am after, not another debate, if Frank doesnt think they have physical evidence just say so and this will be over

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
its not my fish to measure

You ask Knifeman or Shawn P77, I am not here to dispute their fish, I just wanted to see physical proof of a 14" Red Nattereri, surely DrFink or the like would have evidence of it, thats all I am after, not another debate, if Frank doesnt think they have physical evidence just say so and this will be over
People like Fink do not say things like that without having knowledge of what they are talking about, unlike other people here I could mention. Quite presumptuous of you to demand proof to satisfy your personal agenda against these people.

Since they aren't yours to measure or debate then you might want to consider not bringing them up constantly since you admitedly cannot confirm their actual size.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I dont care about their fish, I just want to see physical proof of a 14" Nattereri, at the very least Frank can provide documentation of it, but really a picture would surely be available somewhere if Natts at 14" truely exist

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Do you notice everyone, when Nate is back into a corner to tell the truth about what HE WRITES ABOUT no proof is needed just his word.

For example as just posted by Neoplasia:

my stance on Ternetzi is that they have evolved into a different fish from Nattereri, and nobodys word is good enough without evidence

I have seen Yellow Natts (Ternetzi) that were well over 14" several times

This post has been edited by Sir Nathan XXI on Mar 19 2003, 11:58 AM
You have seen them several times? yet you demand proof from me. I think since you are the major author of many of these nonsense posts and most certainly the advocate of much of the baloney out on the internet about piranas, you need to finally show us all your information and proof of your statements.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
grosse gurke said:
In the words of Nate himself, I have never seen a yellow natt next to a ruler that size and I am still waiting.
when did I say that
key word is believed, Franks proof he have me is Dr.Fink says so, I want a pic with a ruler, I have asked for this for a long time now, and havent seen anything
I was paraphrasing.

But my meaning is that you have not seen a huge red with a ruler so you dont believe they get over 12", and I have not seen a huge yellow next to a ruler so how can I believe they get over 14"?

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
To satisfy Nate I will say the same thing as him, its not my fish to measure, go ask Fink. Would you like his email address? I'm sure he would love to hear from such an experienced systemics professor like you Nate.....hmmmmmm?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
lets say for arguments sake that Yellow Natts do not then, I just want proof of a 14" Nattereri, is that so hard to prove? If so then they must not exist, or at least thats my view of it
Then you can show us proof of these 14" ternetzi. Otherwise they must not exist, according to your view of it. Or does your view only apply to you and not others who only ask that you provide the same as what you ask of them?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I dont care what you do, get me PHYSICAL proof of it.

Or in your mentality, it is false if you cannot prove it. And I said believed to be 18" you extremely intelligent person.

Collects of them in SA catch them at 16" or so all the time or so I am told by importers here in the states, they just never make it back alive

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Neoplasia said:
Sir Nathan XXI said:
lets say for arguments sake that Yellow Natts do not then, I just want proof of a 14" Nattereri, is that so hard to prove? If so then they must not exist, or at least thats my view of it
Then you can show us proof of these 14" ternetzi. Otherwise they must not exist, according to your view of it. Or does your view only apply to you and not others who only ask that you provide the same as what you ask of them?
thats what I just said to end that arguement, lets say they dont exist,

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Nate, I dont see why you want to see proof of a 14" red? I have never seen a 24" rhom or a 24" piraya, but those are the reported max sizes (I think) and we are not disputing there max size. As a matter of fact, I have seen very few pictures of p's even close to the reported max size.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI Posted on Mar 19 2003, 05:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or in your mentality, it is false if you cannot prove it. And I said believed to be 18" you extremely intelligent person.

Collects of them in SA catch them at 16" or so all the time or so I am told by importers here in the states, they just never make it back alive
So where is your measured proof of 16 inches or so? and I find it a bit ironic that they don't bring these back alive without a measurement for you to prove. Wonder why?

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Xenon: I think this is going be another SuperNate extravaganza with his: I'm right and your wrong and I want you prove I'm right that your wrong type threads. Very common occurance with this young man. I'm sure the entire forum is tired of it. It detracts from what was an interesting topic.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:

Nate you are contradicting yourself yet again. Let me get this straight, a noted scientist in the field says something but you don't believe him. But you believe importers who have no formal training in ichyology when they tell you they get these moster fish? Your double standards are pretty large there kiddo.

Posted on Mar 19 2003, 12:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Neoplasia @ Mar 19 2003, 12:20 PM)
(Sir Nathan XXI @ Mar 19 2003, 12:17 PM)
thats what I just said to end that arguement, lets say they dont exist,
I am confused to this statement. Are you saying that these ternetzi do not exist now or just the nattereri? If the former why the sudden change of stance? Is it because you cannot substantiate the claims?

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.