Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new tv and sounds system and was wondering whats the best way to hook my computer up to my tv and use a wireless keyboard to do it all on a tv.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
all you have to do is find a video card with video out and then hook up to ur tv, u also have to find a sound card with audio out then hook that up to ur reciver and im preety sure thats it

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yup....a vid card with s-video out and audio out...shouldn't be too hard to expensive...you could even do an external one probably

·
Registered
910 Posts
On top of the video card, you'll have to go to an electronics store and purchase the appropriate cables for the transfer. The high definition ones get rather pricey as well.

Pac

·
8,405 Posts
Does your TV have a DVI or SVGA input??

If so, just get a cable long enough to reach from the PC to the TV, and get a mini to RCA cable for the audio.

For KB/mouse a wireless would give you more freedom, or you can just get extension cables to give you more room to move around...

·
tap or snap
11,899 Posts
svideo cable and 1/8" stereo-to-rca cables

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ok, here's the same thing but switched round:

What would you say was the best way to get the TV to work through my PC?

Which TV cards are best and do you have any useful tips?

Mucho Gracias Senioritas

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went into best buy and since i dont have a tvi or svga thing on my tv the guy said that res would be really bad and its not really worth it. anyone know anything bout that?`

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
LOgan said:
Ok, here's the same thing but switched round:

What would you say was the best way to get the TV to work through my PC?

Which TV cards are best and do you have any useful tips?

Mucho Gracias Senioritas
[snapback]946658[/snapback]​
Video-out on your TV => SVideo cable => TV-in on your graphics card

You'll probably have to install some software to get the TV image displayed on your computer monitor, and fiddle around with the settings. Your VGA card manufacturer should have the right software.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well since im assuming that the resolution will be too bad for my tv and their aint really anything i can do, can someone tell me just how to hook up my sound

1 - 10 of 10 Posts