Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering what a good process to quaratine feeders would be? Even feeders like Catfish and bullheads from a pond or lake? I have a ten gallon and was going to make a salt dip tank but dont know how. People said I should just add salt to the feeder tank. How much salt and should I do this with other fish like catfish?? So basically I just want to know the best possible way I could do this with or without salt any method will do as long as it is effective. I Have a spare 10 gallon tank and a 55 Gallon tank. Thx for any help.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
A quarentine tank is the way to go. A two week quarentine is generally recommended. If you see no signs of diseases like velvet, ich or fin rot (among others), the fish should be ok to add to the P tank.

If you want to add salt, do 1 tsp (5 ml) per 5 gallons when treating disease and 1 tsp per 10 gallons when using as a precaution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.