Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
if you're just getting into the shoaling thing, i'd give reds or caribe or reds and caribe a shot. they seem to be the least complicated pygos to maintain and shoal like all hell. they're a good place to start and you can add other pygos once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
bobme said:
just about all of them other then the rhoms.
[snapback]840349[/snapback]​
Sound advice, banana man...

The three pygo species are shoalable. As far as serra's go, some can be kept in a group (serra's don't shoal!) if you have a large enough tank (if you can't provide at least 30-40 gallons per fish, don't even bother), but it's not advicable, as it basically goes against their nature.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
bobme said:
just about all of them other then the rhoms.
[snapback]840349[/snapback]​
WTF you are way off thier mate,
that would mean you could shoal irritans, mannys etc... i dont think so.
all of the pygocentrus family can be shoaled but this dose not mean that you wont get casulites i.e. carbie, piraya, ternetzi, natteri.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Esoteric said:
Many will disagree, but I think the nicest shoal is all the same kind.. f.e. a 100 gallon with all 5 P's Caribe... they seem to be the most active this way.
[snapback]841735[/snapback]​
I fully agree - it's also most natural (in so far we can talk about "natural" when talking about aquariums), because none of the pygo species share the same natural range.
But it's a metter of personal preference...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.