Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RollingStone
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best shoal to have like aggressiveness?
i am thinking of having a shoal of Gold spilos 10 of them in a 180.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Been there, done that. Hahaha...

They are quite aggressive. I would not suggest trying it to anyone that did not have adequate P keeping experience. They do not school like pygos. You have to have a constant eye on them, and alot of time to make sure things are going okay. I started with 10, but lost one after 6 months when I got drunk and decided to add my cf to the school. A few days later one of my golds was dead. Up until that point I had no major problems. Just so nasty tail maulings. Had to use a hospital tank probly 5-6 times since I got them in jan.

I think that spilos are a very good school, that requires alot of tlc. If you have anymore Q's just ask.

~Dj

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I would go with a shoal of all terns or caribe. I haven't seen anybody with a shoal of terns. That would be interesting. I love the caribe for there ferocity. Its up to you. I haven't had any experience with spilos so I couldn't say.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
My advise to you is take a look at some pics and go from there. Find a fish that is interesting to you, for more then aggression. That way when you fish turn out to not be aggressive, you are not disappointed.

~Dj

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
well said insinuasian.
i would go with a shoal of pygos and go for wild caught if your after a better chance for them to be aggressive so cariba or piraya or even wild reds or yellow natts (terns) depending on price restraints
dixon

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
I would suggest a MIXED pygo shoal. Be sure to include some cariba, and you'll get the action you're looking for.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You should get 12 Caribas for your 180g you won't regret...trust me...
!

·
Registered
873 Posts
i'm still waiting for some one to amaze me with a sweet geryii shoal. I would go with the geryii mainly based on its hyper aggression (so I've heard) and super cool appearance. if you put 6-7 8" geryii in that 180 with some kind of amazonian river theme, it would not only be awesome, but also pretty unique.

~Will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts