Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some tank bred reds and some caribe and a tern. I am going to recieve 3 super reds from Ash(fishcatcher) tomorrow morning and wanted to know what you all have observed from their activity. Do any of you have small or larger reticulated reds and noticed their aggression and/or appetites and how they differ from normal captive reds? Anyway, I am excited to recieve them. If anyone has any insight on this breed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Whit

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I don't know because I don't have Super Reds yet but from what I read from other members posts is.....Super Reds are more aggresive than even some members Caribe and they also eat more than Caribe. I hope this helped you somwhat.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like I wont be disappointed!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just got my "super reds" from Ash a few days ago. They're little eating machines. The food gets about 1/4 of the way down the tank and it's gone. There is food flying all over the place. Still a little skittish when you walk up to the tank but their only 4 days acclimated......... I'm happy :laugh:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
phishin06 said:
I have some tank bred reds and some caribe and a tern. I am going to recieve 3 super reds from Ash(fishcatcher) tomorrow morning and wanted to know what you all have observed from their activity. Do any of you have small or larger reticulated reds and noticed their aggression and/or appetites and how they differ from normal captive reds? Anyway, I am excited to recieve them. If anyone has any insight on this breed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Whit
I got 2 super reds from Ash and they are devils. Eat at all hours of the day and never let food hit the bottom, they are depriving my bigger natt and tern in the tank because they gobble all the food. You WILL NOT be disappointed, give them a day or 2 to assimilate.

One of them chased my finger the other day

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought 3 S Reds from Ash when he first got them months ago @bout 2 "ea.
Put them in 135 w/ 3ea-5"caribe, 2tank raised reds6"er and a 11"er.
They did fine ,and were the most aggresive eaters soon as they ploped in.
Added a Piraya sence, which got a bite mark on him the size only the lil SReds
could have caused.They r bout 5"ea now and still r red as f*ck and very agressive towards food. towards the other p's in tank i dont c any agrresion, other than the fact that they r still alive w/ craibe twice the size.
U will not be dissapointed.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
i think its all bogas! Agression varies from fish to fish. Only real fact you may put about agression is that they are wild and most RBs these days are captive bred or have been in captivity too long to remeber how to be wild. Im sure with time your super reds are going to be tame as well. Another thing is that they resemble Cariba alot and since they are found in the same river i wouldnt be surprised they have the same living style as Cariba to make them just as agressive as Cariba.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I should be stopping by Ash's tommorow to pick up a Piraya, very interested in seeing these Super Reds as they are called. I've got Cariba's, Piraya's, and a Ternetzi in my mixed pygo tank, and the only pygo missing is Red's, so if the little guys he has really impress me, I might buy some of the bigger 1's when he gets them in.

The prices I've seen on them seems good, so really I don't see much risk in them. Not like if they faded later you spent much cash on them, so they seem like a fish some people will just go, what the hell, lets see if they are all that and stay that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts