Piranhas Forum banner

WHATS IN YOUR FISH TANK(4 food?)

470 views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Fish_first 
#1 ·

even though im only a one skuller and have only owned three rbp's(give it up for the rookie), i still read and investigate these forums like a hound dog. alot of people want to persuade me to do it thier way or to do it his way. well the whole point of this is so i can figure out my way, RIGHT?

fish eat fish, bugs, plants, crap
, worms and all sorts of stuff. i think the only way you could go wrong feeding them is if you decided to feed them some french fries. and then throw in some ketchup
. granted that a good whole worm would have more nutrition than goldfish food. or that krill might be better than a whole worm. but darn it man id go nuts eating the same thing breakfast lunch and dinner
. so im pretty sure that my p's could use variety. every time i buy new food(minus live, frozen, etc...)i buy something different and keep it stockepiled. maybe i have just trained them to like variety or something i don't know please remember i still fly virgin
on this one, but i do beleive a good healthy fish a day is perfect for those little guys. but to whoever feeds whatever good luck in your search, and maybe it's just me but if a a p is hungry he eats!

well if you took the time to read this i thank you for your time.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Main diet consists of Catfish fillet, Tilapia fillet, raw shrimp, flake food, Hikari Cichlid pellets, blood worms, and the occasional (aprox 1 time a month) beefheart.

Only on a few instances have I fed any of my fish feeders...

Here's a good link on the subject also: http://www.opefe.com/pira_food.html

Edit: My dents will also eat pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and dried banana along with the food I just listed.

#10 ·
tropical flake,brine shrimp,small prawn shrimp (shrimp ring variety)guppies (not feeders, they've been living in another tank for over a year
I'm new to this, I wanna start cycling in earthworms,cichlid pellets,various frozen fillets, crayfish in the summer when I catch them, and since feeders are bad I wanna raise my own guppies? who knows
they sell these mixed bags of seafood at the grocery store, I'm gonna buy one for the p's, its got octopus,scallop,crab,mussels, etc I eat them all the time myself
only 3 dollars

G
#12 ·
All of my fish eat some of the following foods:

-shrimp (staple for most of my fish)
-lean fish fillet
-salmon/trout/steelhead fillet
-earthworms (fed heavily in-season)
-frozen bloodworm and mysis shrimp (Hikari Bio-Pure brand)
-Tetra flake food

#13 ·
I like to feed my reds a combination of minnows and fish flakes. I had planned on not feeding them flakes when they got older but they seem to like them more than anything else i put in my tank. I do also occasionalyfeed them raw shrimp from the market. I let them eat it shell and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.