Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Filo said:
Pleco, just vacuum their sh*t. Snails are damn slow and can over run ur tank--they reproduce too much.
[snapback]855368[/snapback]​
Not true.
Not all snails self reproduce (forgot the term for that)

· Registered
10,778 Posts
Atlanta Braves Baby! said:
Not true.
Not all snails self reproduce (forgot the term for that)
[snapback]856751[/snapback]​
Could you please list some that done. Im not challenging you or anything, but if thats true, I wanna know which, so I can get a lot of them. I wanna try a small crew of snails. Afraid of the multiplication factor though.

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Filo said:
Could you please list some that done. Im not challenging you or anything, but if thats true, I wanna know which, so I can get a lot of them. I wanna try a small crew of snails. Afraid of the multiplication factor though.

[snapback]856921[/snapback]​
If you read my post I said not all snails self reproduce. This means you can own 1 snail and you wont magically have 5 snails the next week. Apple snails I know forsure wont reproduce if only one is present in a tank. Sorry if you misunderstood that.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
remember if you buy a pleco it probably will grow pretty large (i think you knew that) but with a large fish there also will be more poop, my sailfin pleco he shits like crazy, almost doing more bad things than good

· Oh, SNAP!
3,669 Posts
IMO, plecos sh*t wayyyyy more than they clean, I just use one of those magnet thingies to clean my glass every now and then.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
depending on size I havent really had a problem with pleco sh*t. When I owned my 8 inch common with my 9 1/2" rbp when I did weekly water changes I noticed no huge piles anywhere. I guess its filtration issues as well. all tanks I keep plecos in I keep as little hiding spots in the gravel, that way the sh*t doesnt gather there. so I pick pleco esp the scarlet pleco that sh*t was cool!

· joey'd is da man
11,920 Posts
psychofish21 said:
Just wondering what will do a better job cleaning my tank
Snail or Pleco
[snapback]855147[/snapback]​
both are living creatures and therefore produce waist products and so your tank would be cleaner without them, the snail makes less mess than a pleco.

as for what is good for cleaning?
water changes & gravel vacumes!!!!!

· rhombeus
3,200 Posts
Innes said:
both are living creatures and therefore produce waist products and so your tank would be cleaner without them, the snail makes less mess than a pleco.

as for what is good for cleaning?
water changes & gravel vacumes!!!!!
[snapback]869644[/snapback]​
I am gonna agree with Innes about the fact that these are living creatures and produce waist just like the rest of the tank mates etc. but
why not look at a Pleco in the way that it's a pre-historic looking fish can eat and sleep like the rest of the tank mates, adds a hole new look to the tank and as a added bonus, can clean and very good i may add! if it is happy with his tank mates. plecos diets have to be varied just like other fishes in the tank, i have found personally that shrimp makes my larger plecos produce longEr poops
therefor i only give them shrimp for a short time, the 16" sailfin i have can eat a whole smelt right in front of me in 30 minutes
and produce small droppings just like the average fish. so therefore, he gets lots of this.... easy!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.