Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local petstores and they are charging $13.99-$20.99 per baby rbp. Would it be cheaper and probably better to order them from a sponsor? Im planning on ordering at least 12.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I picked up mine from the LFS for a "3 for $15". So to me that sounds really steep. If you're gonna order 12 then shoot for a sponsor

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah for some reason people around here charge an arm and a leg for rbps. I dont think any of them will pricematch either

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
price!..it all depending your location, how bad you want the red...how much you willing to spend...

Not all LFS are the same...if your LFS or your area have a lot of store that sell piranha it would be cheap around your area..

but if you area have the one and only one Store that sell piranha..it would cost alot since no one in the area have what their got.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
price!..it all depending your location, how bad you want the red...how much you willing to spend...

Not all LFS are the same...if your LFS or your area have a lot of store that sell piranha it would be cheap around your area..

but if you area have the one and only one Store that sell piranha..it would cost alot since no one in the area have what their got.
...thats why i said shoot for a sponsor. Yeah the shipping prices suck and there is a risk with shipping in the first place, but by the time you spend all that money at the LFS for 12 reds you could probably get a better deal through here.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I might try and see if I can get them to lower their price but if not the sponsors are probably a cheaper way to go.

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, that's superhigh for baby reds!

Aquascape has 1" reds at 12 for $50... I ordered 2 dozen from him this morning.

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
I got mine for $4.95 a piece at 3/4" in size. And they're only supplied at one store around here.

·
Registered
655 Posts
definatly use a sponser thats what i am going to do when i order my dianmond rhom i didnt pay anything for my reds but i belive my cousin baught them for 3.99 per piranha thats canadian funds though

·
Registered
750 Posts
I got my 3" long red belly piranhas for $8.99 each at my favorite LFS. Got 5 of the lil devils. THat price is far below average, but they have a whole tank of em at that price, and I got my 4-5 inch S. sanchezi for $12.99 from the same place. The owner told me "oh he is no red belly" (I thought he had no idea!) I thought he was gonna tell me it was a rhombeus,"no, he is a wimpel, a coyote in with wolves" he was in a tank with 4-5 inch long red bellies. "he has still got teeth thoug, see?"

Great guy, awsome store, If you are ever in RI and need some live plants or rare cichlids (most amazing selection of rare cichlids and amazing discus) go to aqualife aquarium on wickenden st. in providence then go straight to johnston and hit up massive aggression to get all your manly fish!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow... sounds like I got ripped off kinda. Paid $15 per for 3 of them.

Also, I noticed a 8' Caribe selling for $399, seems extremely high to me but I have no idea what they are worth.

*Prices in CDN

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
usually about 5 from a sponsor

·
Registered
3 Posts
I priced them at my lfs when my brother was looking for some babies. Best I could find was 10.99 on ones under an inch...and 27.99 on 1in to 2in sizes. And up from their.

However, I did get an awsome deal on a pair of RBP breeders for him. $30 for 1-2inches was out of the question.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wow... sounds like I got ripped off kinda. Paid $15 per for 3 of them.

Also, I noticed a 8' Caribe selling for $399, seems extremely high to me but I have no idea what they are worth.

*Prices in CDN
One of my LFS sold a 6-7" cariba for $49.99. I went there to buy him today and he was gone <:[ I bought a solo red that measures in at 7-8" and has a great personaliy, not a bit skittish at all. Hooray for solo pygos!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts