Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Well my favorite red has something wrong with him. He has had this on and off since I have owned him (size of a quarter). In person the spot are raised and gross looking. I have tried couple of different treatments because I thought it was ick but I don't think it is. Do you guys have any advice on what to try or what this is?

Thanks Alot!

· Breaki'n all day...
4,256 Posts
WHOA!!
i have no idea what it is. it looks like some kind of fungus

and it also looks really really bad!

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
piranhaqueen said:
looks like scars.... it's had it it's whole life? does it ever change (get worse, affect other areas)?
[snapback]873430[/snapback]​
Yeah it has been there on and off and the spot are in different places all over it's body. It is pretty nasty.

· Hello Everybody!
1,647 Posts
I'm not sure what it is, but from your description, it could be some type of virus because you mentioned that it comes and goes. The symptoms disappear when the virus is in remission but comes out once the fish is stressed. If it is a virus, there is very little you can do to cure it. I would isolate the fish to prevent it from spreading to your other fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.