Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I am think of setting up 20 long gallon tank and want something different then rbp. I love my reds but want somthing a little more aggressive. A p that is not so skittish. I read about how these people own Rhoms and they attack your finger through the glass. I was thinking about a rhom, gold spilo or......., someone help me out. If i did get a fish i would get it at 1-2" and how long could it live in 20gallon long. tank size is 30x12x12. What kind of filter if i decide to set this tank up would you recommend.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
spilo is probably the best one to go for but if you buy a serra sml it could stay in that tank for quite a while.
just do some research and go for the one you want i'm sure you will get plenty ideas to go with soon in this thread
dixon

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
damn went down to eat and already response. I think rhoms are cool but havnt seen to many 1-2" rhoms that people own. If i did get a one how long could i keep it in that tank. When there that small do they still hold the Rhom name of being aggressive and not shy.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
give me some info of him. Hows your tanks setup anything special i need. How does he act when your around his tank, i know you just got him.....glad he surived his 2 day trip. When he get used to his new tank post some info on how he acts. I just dont want more skittish fish.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yeah I'll have to tell you how he is in a few days or so. But right now he acts like I'm not there, except when I put my face right up to the glass real quick. Then he swims away then goes about what he was doing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
yes a spilo can live a 20 gallon for life. But man I have done it. I had a gold in a 20 gallon long and my experience was that it was boring as ever. Its cool when they eat in front of you which is pretty rare. And when the lightsare on andyou are lookign at it most of the time its sat int eh back of the tank or behind the decor.

I have some exos now and they are ok because there is actually movement in the tank and somethign to actually watch. But its up to you. I think a shoal is always more fun and have numerous fish will be a little more entertaining.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.