Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the option of getting a graduation present ( University ) of my choice. I love playing games and spend alot of my time playing them. I have many PC games and have found them all great to own and play. With the new wave of gaming systems that has come out over the last 3 or so years, since I got my computer that I presently own, I have become interested in what these new home consoles have to offer, namely XBOX and PS2. What I would like your option on is whether or not I should get a brand new computer with all the top of the line specifications on it, ie. - dvd drive, CD burning, 2.2 GHZ Pentium 4 processor, 264 meg RAM or larger, as well as a 19 inch monitor and a 3 year warrenty for parts and service. I have a decision of either getting this brand new computer system or a XBOX gaming system or a PS2 gaming system.

Pros of the Computer - Games, internet, and system preformance in one machine.

cons - expensive - approximate cost - 750 dollars Canadian

Pros of the Gaming systems - XBOX/PS2 - great games and a wide selection to choose from. Lower cost - 400 dollars approximately.

cons - limited value in variable uses.

let me know what you all think as I will be thinking about this in conjunction to your inputs and insights. Thank you and hope to see replies. Peace. Shred.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have xbox and I think it is great but if you can only have one id say a computer because you can do much more than just play games and a computer can always be upgraded.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,830 Posts
A computer would be a better investment to make than a gaming console. Theyre always coming out with newer and beter gaming consoles that you can buy. Why settle for the milk if you can have cow too?! A computer will let you do soo much more than any gaming system. Id go with the computer. Then when Christmas comes around ask for a gaming system...then you get both.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
yeah they are always making higher speed comps as well so either the comp or the xbox

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.