Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys,

I now have an extra 30g tank......with cycled water, filter, gravel, etc......(this was my old P tank). What would you do with the tank? New fish, feeder Q-tank, empty it.........I don't plan on buying any other tanks for a long time as I just bought my 75g to put my 3 RBP's in it, so whatever is going in the 30g, if anything, will stay in there for a very long time. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
timmyshultis said:
get pufferfish (figure 8,green spotted,taget and dwarf would be great fer a tank that size)
Are pufferfish solitary fish? I don't know anything about them what so ever. How big do the ones you mentioned grow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
i have 2 figure 8's in a 20 and there is still room fer like 2 or 3 more they get to be like 3-5 inches and green spotted can be kept together (they might fight) they get around six inches and the dwarfs are 1 inch u could get like 10 in a 30 (maybe more) the figure 8's and dwarfs are freshwater the greens are brackish oh yea and targets they are agressive i think they might be able to kept with other puffers of the same species im not sure on that one tho and they get to be 6 inchs long
 

·
Death is fair to everyone.
Joined
·
5,310 Posts
Feeder q tank. And keep for hospital tank. It will kill you to treat a 75 gallon with meds for a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,692 Posts
If you want to get another piranha, I'd get a small serra: species like spilo's, irritans, small rhoms can be kept in a tank of that size for quite some time.
 

·
OPEFE
Joined
·
10,249 Posts
Get S. spilopleura or use it as feeder or hospital tank!

You can try the Rhom option but will need to upgrade when it gets over 7-8"!

Good luck...!
 

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
hey how about a schoal of about 10-15 exodons i hera theyre mean as hell and tear food up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Caesar3283 said:
What's up guys,

I now have an extra 30g tank......with cycled water, filter, gravel, etc......(this was my old P tank). What would you do with the tank? New fish, feeder Q-tank, empty it.........I don't plan on buying any other tanks for a long time as I just bought my 75g to put my 3 RBP's in it, so whatever is going in the 30g, if anything, will stay in there for a very long time. Thanks.
is it a salt water cuz if it is then get a clown fish
 

·
"Nitro"
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
blue smurfs said:
Caesar3283 said:
What's up guys,

I now have an extra 30g tank......with cycled water, filter, gravel, etc......(this was my old P tank). What would you do with the tank? New fish, feeder Q-tank, empty it.........I don't plan on buying any other tanks for a long time as I just bought my 75g to put my 3 RBP's in it, so whatever is going in the 30g, if anything, will stay in there for a very long time. Thanks.
is it a salt water cuz if it is then get a clown fish
finding nemo, lol, no one cared about clown fish intell that movie came out. I can't say much, I have one too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
thoroughbred said:
hey how about a schoal of about 10-15 exodons i hera theyre mean as hell and tear food up
what are those ? ? ? (pic would help)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks peeps....I think I'll probably use the tank for a feeder q-tank/hospital tank. I'd love to get a Rhom, but after buying that 75g, equipment, etc.... I don't want to have to worry about upgrading again for a long, long time. Thanks for the advice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
thoroughbred what are those things u were talking bout and how big do they get ? ? ?
 

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
Joined
·
18,670 Posts
timmyshultis said:
thoroughbred what are those things u were talking bout and how big do they get ? ? ?
i believe they get to be 2-3" and of the tetra species i maybe wrong
cool mean eating machines i call them
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top