Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i were to limit you to 3 tanks a: 240 gallon, b: 150 gallon and c: 45 gallon, what would you stock? For me it would be;
a: 1 Piraya, 3 Ternetzi and 7-9 Caribe.
b: 12" plus Rhom.
c: Spilo of some sort.
Just passing the time away.
Ta.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not sure what I would do! lol... I want a wall that is all fish tank, like at the zoos and stuff... but it would be my living room walls... I would put in a bunch of exotic fish and such. but then again that wasnt the question, sorry.
until then, I think I'll just stick to watching the 180gal. with ps in it. lol.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
id rather have a bunch of 40 gallon breader tanks with one of each species of piranha available

·
Registered
879 Posts
-I'd throw some reds in the 240, oh wait you've already got them on the list

-Toss up between a large rhom or a large elongatus in the 150, probably go rhom though since they can become huge freaks, or wait maybe even a Manueli

-Probably a Brandtii in the 45, don't get me wrong spilos are awesome, I just don't like them for some reason.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
a sounds good ..but if you had the cash a big ass 18 inche rhom or a shoal of piraya..

·
Registered
564 Posts
My dream tanks are:

- 350 gallon with a kick ass pygo shoal. Something like 10 piraya,
10 caribe, 5 terns

- A few 55 gallons with many different serras

- A 150 with a 16 inch Rhom

Yes yes. Someday I will have it. Someday.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I like my setup right now. I do wish I had 2 240g so I didn't have to sell my caribe for the pirayas. All need is to get rid of my 12 in rhom and get a 16in. And that would complete my collection.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
dream setup huh....
I like Kev's 180, I would like one of my walls to be part of a fish tank that would be sweet. I want a medium sized tank prolly an 80 gallon just full of peaceful fish, then I would like my 55 with my 3 reds and sometime in the future I would add my green natt when I get it.
It would be sick as hell to have a shoal of just green natts in like a 80 gallon maybe even a 180 acrylic like Kevs but the thing does take up a lot of space, all in all piranhas for life and a peaceful tank will do just fine. Just a thought
Oh and what would be even sicker is having a mini waterfall in your house and then the p's would be at the bottome of the waterfall now I am starting to dream hella big one day I will have my waterfall filled with p's

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i agree with the mixed pygos in the 240

the second largest i would split up between an enlongatus and some rare rhom

and the smallest i would have a shoal of spilos and spilo CF....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would have a shoal of piraya mixed with some caribe in the 240 gallon, the 150 I would keep a shoal of geryi or spilo's and for the 45 gallon I would put some community fish cause I wouldn't want to keep even one kind of piranha in a 45 gallon for life.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
HMMM..

240 gal: All pygo mix!!!

150 gal: One 14" Rhom divided tank one 14" Spilo

45: Feeders!!! lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
yah, i'm in the manueli craze at the moment. i have been wanting this fish for a very looong time. it is definitely worth the wait. btw, your 17" rhom that you purchased from john/knifeman is an awesome fish. that fish came all the way from california, my buddy owned it and i almost bought that fish from him because he had 2 of those but i didn't have space for another tank. so, i just settled for a 13" rhom.....hopefully, someday that awesome rhom will come back to the lovely shores of california :biggrin: .

·
TOP DOG
4,187 Posts
codo said:
yah, i'm in the manueli craze at the moment. i have been wanting this fish for a very looong time. it is definitely worth the wait. btw, your 17" rhom that you purchased from john/knifeman is an awesome fish. that fish came all the way from california, my buddy owned it and i almost bought that fish from him because he had 2 of those but i didn't have space for another tank. so, i just settled for a 13" rhom.....hopefully, someday that awesome rhom will come back to the lovely shores of california :biggrin: .
actually that rhom sucked. he was inactive and he barely ate. i sold him and bought the one i have now. hes a bad mofo. heres a link to the pics in the gallery.

http://www.piranha-fury.com/forum/pfury/in...t=0&#entry43869
wes

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry to hear that the 17" rhom didn't live up to your expectations. i've always liked that rhom. usually rhoms 12 inches and over don't need to be fed everyday. we fed that big monster ones a week and it ate in front of us. i don't know how big your tank was but he was active in his old home which was a 500g. anyway, good luck with your new rhom and i almost forgot.....nice collection wes!

petzl88, i like the manueli because it's a very unique looking piranha. it might not be cool looking to other people but it is to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts