Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i was gonna start a catfish tank for my new 180, but I have decided on a big piranha tank. If you had an open 180, what would you get? PS- im not buying any 300 pirayas or whatever they're called. I have a life outside of piranhas. I have 5 red bellies that I will put in there right now.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You can but about up to 12 reds or more, pending if you like crowded tanks. Ternetzi and piraya and caribe can all like together. Also Ternetzi and Reds are the same species.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont want a crowded tank because they will fight too much and i will have to overfeed them just to keep them from ripping each other apart. how many reds can i happily keep in a 180? I might add 1 ternetzi

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also wanted to add a 6 inch red to my 3.5 inch reds. can it work or will the larger one go after the small ones? How much of a size difference can i have before i start losing reds to the bigger ones?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I think they will be fine, but you can wait till the smaller gets up to 4in. But I've had small p's with larger ones and it was fine. I had plenty of covering.

·
Registered
394 Posts
we all have a life but if u just want them to watch them eat then maybe u shouldn't keep p's , p's can get hard to maintain if u want them to be happy and agressive

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,893 Posts
RHOM said:
we all have a life but if u just want them to watch them eat then maybe u shouldn't keep p's , p's can get hard to maintain if u want them to be happy and agressive
agressive is cool but, can cause some issuses down the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts