Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Frontosa King
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new manny and i know they are fruit and seed eatters but what kind of fruits and seed should i try and feed them........... anyone else feed their manny fruits and seeds please help me?

thanks a TON

Dan

· Registered
1,900 Posts
i dont have a manny but i would assume u would feed it normal p food ie fish fillets, shell on shrimp, beef heart every once in a while, squid.. i know it says that in their description but i am not realy sure that anyone feeds them fruit or seeds. i would pm judazz and ask him what he feeds his. i have kind of followed the growth of his and it is a beautiful fish.

· Frontosa King
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you know what kind of fruits and seeds because i wanna try it....... maybe it will enhance their active level and also maybe their colour so thats why i want to try and experiment

· Registered
639 Posts
Read this... It has some real good info regarding the feeding of seeds/fruits/nuts (including what kind was used in the experiment).

It doesn't have the Manuelli listed, but I'm sure the same would apply with a Manny as the species listed. I'm sure this will help you and get you in the right direction

Edit: The site linked is not my site. The site linked is for educational purposes only, in response to the question at hand. Please be sure to give the originator of the site linked proper credit for his work (Frank aka. Hastatus)...

BTW - If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just ignore my edit... Otherwise, I'm sure you'll see the intended humor.

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
Wow.. Dan your the only few that I know of that does this as well. When feeding seeds, Ive noticed that my previous Pirayas and other Pygos had the glow to them, and help enhanced their coloring. Ive given pumpkin seeds, friut seeds and others thats stated on OPEFE. Trust me, it makes a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.