Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
jsut bought a 3.5 - 4inch silver arrow..he's in the tank with 2 pbass...they seem to be doing great together..my question is..what should i feed him at this size that he will eat??the lfs i bough from said they were feeding it glass worms..i bought some with him.so far he hasn't been eating it..he was pretty full yesterday when i got him..today tho so far not eating...i bought and have tried feeding some dried bloodworms, some dried crickets..and cichlid pellets..so far he's tried one pellet but spit it back out and that was all..im sure he's still settling in ..but what should i feed as his stable diet at this size?also he has been swimming around the bottom and middle of the tank..looking and exploring..(i think)..im hopinh its just him adjusting...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
benie said:
also he has been swimming around the bottom and middle of the tank..looking and exploring..(i think)..im hopinh its just him adjusting...
[snapback]859161[/snapback]​
This is normal when they're first moved into a new tank, it should pass in a couple of days.

If he'll eat the pellets, give him the pellets. I'm suprised he turned down the crickets, even the stubborn ones always seem to eat them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
hikari carnivore pellets ( whole life) small crickets, waxworms, red worms, it might still eat live brine, when it grows more, market shrimp, nightcrawlers large crickets...good luck

·
Registered
338 Posts
here is a pic of my silver he was 4 inches when i got him now 7 months later he is 2 feet and eating every tankmate in his tank that used ti pick on him
so now he is a 300 gallon tank with bigger fish.just stay away from feeders and anything that is high in fat or your arow can get drop eye which is where they eye or eyes always look down

·
Registered
4 Posts
At that size I fed my silvers and blacks on mealworm, chopped king prawn, chopped cockle and baby earthworms. I fed the mealworms crushed floating pellets to gut load them.
They will swim about in all levels but will prefer the mid to upper levels.

Hope all goes well

Steve

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
redbellypacu said:
here is a pic of my silver he was 4 inches when i got him now 7 months later he is 2 feet and eating every tankmate in his tank that used ti pick on him
so now he is a 300 gallon tank with bigger fish.just stay away from feeders and anything that is high in fat or your arow can get drop eye which is where they eye or eyes always look down
[snapback]880921[/snapback]​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.