Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 4-6" rbp's in a 46g bowfront that are now fighting for territory and showing signs of stress, the tank is overcrowded...I know. I do not have room to upgrade the tank so that is not an option. I am not quite sure how to find new homes for these fish. Can I sell/trade them to the LFS? Any advice is appreciated. Also, what should i put in the tank next?

·
Registered
153 Posts
ive found that pet stores always rip you off when u want to trade in fish, i wanted to trade in my 9 inch pacu for some feeders or somting and they said theyd take him but they wouldend give me anything for him

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Papagorgio said:
Take everything out of the tank except the fish. They won't have anything to fight over then. Keep them well feed and try to get some money together to get a 75 gallon tank.
[snapback]839621[/snapback]​
EXACTLY :nod:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Visited several lfs's today and had no interest due to lack of tank space. I removed the driftwood and plants out of the tank to free up all the space i have. One of my smaller guys is getting some pretty bad fin damage and the only other tank I have is a 7.5g. Do i put the fish in the smaller tank until i can find it a new home and leave three in my 46g, is this possible?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
fin nipping is natural for these guys. My RB and caribe always have a few fin nips. One of my 3 blades is becoming the alpha as he gets bigger whooping up on Killer. I just keep up on my water changes and feed them 1 time a day. they have been together for a few months now -check sig.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.