Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 55 gallon cycled and sold the few guppies that I had in there, I was wondering as to what I should start breeding in there, I am hoping to breed a few species in there at the same time, and have it be a community type tank if at all possible or atleast with fish that will be able to hold their own.

any suggestions?

oh yeah and im already starting off with two pink cons.

Thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
damn i miss my salvini

if you want to have a few pairs in the tank why not try:

2 pairs of apistogrammas
a pair of angelfish
and a pair of keyholes

all those fish are pretty mellow and breed like crazy

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the salvini.

Lemmy, how good do they do as parents, will I have to take the fry out to have a survival rate, or will they still survive? also someone from this place and I got into a fight, as they said I could keep two frontosa in a 55gal. is this true or simply a way of making a few quick bucks?

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
they are pretty good parents. but there is a chance that the other fish would eat some of the fry.

and it's not a smart idea to keep 2 frontosas in a 55g for life. males can get over 13" and they need quite a bit of space :nod:

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
55 in way to small for 2 fronts. my front was 9inchs and still growing when i trade it in

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will any of these fish breeding make me any money, not like enough to buy me a BMW just enough to help me pay for some of the food or something?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks bro, I love fish keeping but its expensive as hell.

should I add the angels first, and what do I need to know about spawning them, as well as sexing them?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
No one seems to ever want to set up a 55gal pseudotropheus breeding tank, like Lombardi, Crabo, or some other similar Mbuna. That's the setup I would go for, and the stores generally take baby Mbuna in very quickly, as they are good sellers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts