Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In was doing a water change and noticed I have some fry in my tank.

I have no idea where they came from.

The possibilities are...

My Piranha...very doubtful

Danios used to cycle...but that was months ago. I do have one left though.

Or, Feeder goldfish...Most likely.

Is it possible I had a pregnant goldfish that lived long enough to lay her eggs?

My other question is what should I do with them? I have a 2.5 gallon I have put two of them in. There are atleast two maybe three that I can see in the Tank. They have plenty of hiding spots in the big tank, should I just leave them in there?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you leave them in the piranha tank they will be eaten at some point. I have no idea how you got fry in your tank, but you already know that. You could put them in another tank, but if they arent piranha fry then why hang on to them. its a lot of work if you dont have the equipment already.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I would have to agree with kev on that one, why risk all the stress and all the comotion of tearing the tank apart, since u know it isnt always easy catching fish , let alone small tiny fry! Unless there is a minute chance that they are ps! leave em in!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hell man, if you have extra tank space, might as well try to grow em a little to see if they are p's. Although it is doubtful, how sweet would that be?

Would it be possible to post up any pics?

·
Registered
167 Posts
looks like a guppie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts