Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He just sits at the top of the tank. Still eats but goes right back to the top of the tank. Does have a couple nipped fins but nothing too bad. He's one of the bigger more aggressive p's of the pack. They get feed regularly 2-3x a day. I lowered the temp from 82 to 78. I just need some advise cause I dont want them to make him a snack

· Registered
190 Posts
i have the same problem with my south american dragon fish my pacu picked on it so i took everything out of that tank cept the dragon fish and it seems to be better i also added some salt but idk y itwas doing it

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Si Senor, it's really beginning to scare me. Now if he isn't at the top of the tank he rests his body in the middle of one of my plants. I tapped on the glass and he doesn't move just looks at me like "Please get me out of here". what should I do? I could walk over there on break but knowing me I'll lose track of time and stay home.("Can I be excused, I have a sickness in the family" Think it'll work?) But really these are by far the best p's I've owned and dont want to lose not a 1.

· Nurses Do It Better
8,819 Posts
First step would be check your water parameters and post them here and when doing water changes are you adding de-chlor. Need to eliminate these factors before going on to other possibilities.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I'm useing de-chlor but you might get a tad bit upset with me bc I have never checked any parameters cuz I dont know how. I was taught by an old-schooler that just fills up his 100g barrel, let it sit a couple days and threw the fish in and never has any problems. To tell the truth when I got my 2 (now 1) rhoms I filled the tank put two big heaters in it added some de-chlo, waited for the water to reach the right temp and threw them in the same day. Not saying that this is okay, just haven't tried checking anything YET. I'll be picking up a kit 2nite and will post what I'm doing to see if Im doing it right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.