Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HENRY
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, can i keep it with my oscar, the exo is 4 inches and the oscar is 3 inches, what should i feed it ?

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
You sure can keep it with your Oscar. The exo will eat anything you throw in the tank.

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
My exos refuse to eat much other than flake food and bugs that I find around the house and throw in the tank. Everything else they pretty much ignore.

He should be ok with your Oscar. I think the odds of the exo ripping at your Oscar are pretty slim, but you should keep an eye out for missing scales anyway.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i once had an exo that was half the size of my p's. and he would chase them around and nip their scales off all the time. i was contemplating taking it out and the next day when i got home from school the exo was gone. . .

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Like said it is a exo :nod: They can be kept with other (larger) fish. BEcause of their swimmingspeed they are a very hardy prey to catch. But they do feel a lot better in a little shoal

·
HENRY
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would of bought more of them but he was the only one they had in the tank with like 30 smaller tetras, they said that they had no clue how he got their, so they just sold it to me for $2.00 dollars

·
Registered
839 Posts
look @ this little tidbit of information:

"Due to a misinterpreted photograph in a published fishkeeping article, some people falsely believe that this species can be kept as tankmates for Piranhas. However, young Piranhas are likely to be attacked or devoured by Exodon paradoxus and any Bucktooth tetras that are placed with adult Piranhas will quickly become a food source."

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
elTwitcho said:
I doubt the Oscar is going to be able to catch the exo. I wouldn't worry too much about it
[snapback]922107[/snapback]​
the oscar will catch em, i started out with 20 of them and my oscar picked off 5 of them within a couple hours

1 - 15 of 15 Posts