Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for the meanest p around... i was thinking an irritan or a rhom... but i only have a 55 gal tank... which one would be better to get? i currently have 4 rbp in a 55 that are 3.5'' each is this to many? im feeding them krill shrimp and feeders...i know feeders arent the best..
but my ps ate 12 2 inch golds in 3 days.. so i gota find something else
ps 4 life

G

·
In the 55 for life then go Irritans. If not for life its upto you which you prefer. The 55 would be more suitable for 3 RBP in my opinion.

Welcome to the fury!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mellor44 said:
In the 55 for life then go Irritans. If not for life its upto you which you prefer. The 55 would be more suitable for 3 RBP in my opinion.

Welcome to the fury!
[snapback]832665[/snapback]​
heh. i meant .... im not keeping them forever lol.. i meant like. they rock
and thanks i like fury already =)

· Registered
7 Posts
ive read alot about other forums.. saying like well it depends on how hungry the fish is .. will be how agressive it will be. i just want to know which species would be meaner, and way more agressive because that would be the whole point of getting a new 55 gal tank, for a mean ass fishie =) so.. its either a black diamond rhom vs an irritan.
Also, if u have any other suggestions of what kind of fish besides these that you know of that are still very agressive that i could get. thanks!

i think that a gold pirahna looks really nice once it gets to be about 10 inches..im just not to sure how agressive they are.

· Registered
1,900 Posts
well, first of all if the only reason that you r intersted in getting into p's is because u want a mean agressive fish your expectations probably will not be met. each fish is different. i have had three irritans and one out of the three was the most skittish, scared, and least interactive fish that i have ever had. althouhg my other two irritans will try to bite me through the glass. if u want fish taht are active (this is why i have a pygo shoal) i would get 3 rbp that r small and they will be fine in a 55 for a while. if u want a single p i would get an irritan. it can stay in a 55 for life and if u r lucky u will get a active, aggressive one. if you r looking for massive attacks wiht fish getting torn to pieces u probably will be dissapointed. your fish will probably not move or eat for a couple of weeks after u getting them and maybe a month. get a p ror the right reasons not just to watch them tear up fish. if you have any questions pm me. welcome to the site there is a ton of information and great people on this site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.