Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Almost time to get my caribas. I have a 125 gallon tank....I now im starting to wonder what size i should get my caribas...any opinions will be appretiated

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
get babies, and raise em up

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to little...............Im thinking 3' to 5'
what would you do in case like this?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
if you can get them at 3" do that for sure its nice when there younge and watch em get old

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Its alot more fun raiseing them i got mine at 2.5 inch there now around 4 inch great to raise and watch grow

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know what....Im going to buy my caribas at 4".....How many do you think I should GEt to start with in my 125G

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You know what....Im going to buy my caribas at 4".....How many do you think I should GEt to start with in my 125G
Roughly 8. You'll probably lose one or two to aggression.
Then 6 for life is a good number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got 8 in a 155g bowfront and they couldn't be happier. Got them when they were 2" and there about 4" now. Perfect fish to schoal.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I got 8 in a 100 g right now so far all is good i do plan on upgradeing or eventually though

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so should I start with 6 4"

or 7 3"

Do you think that if I get 6 or 7 when they are full grown the tank will be to crowded

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your telling me that I should start with 6-7 3" caribas?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
forsure or even 10-3" if you have the money and when like 6" pick out a couple weaker ones if they make it that far down the road

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
a small as u can... but best would be about 2"
probably 8-9... they are still a little more peaceful if started as a group from small... and seem to work together to rip apart things a little better. then when put together as bigger fish.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
The size is really up to you, but the small you get them at the cheaper they will be. Hence, you could start off with more. I would say that you could plan to end with about 7. So, I would start with at least 10. If you are lucky, and good at what you do then you can always sell off the excess. It is much easier to sell off a few than to try to add new ones to the tank.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts