Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i put in my 20g tank? not piranha though...

im gettting a 100 gallon tank for a shoal soon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
some african clawed frogs
a couple of parrot cichlids
a firemouth
4-6 congo tetras
some clown loaches
a butterfly fish
4-6 long finned rosey barbs

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about:

pair of discus
pair of angelfish
pair of bala shark
maybe a clown knife

?what would u guys pick from those?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Get 10 exodons. I tost in a pinky the other day which the jack dempsey ripped open and swallowed whole..sure enough he was choking on it as the exos swarmed underneath him. I spit it out and they went crazy over the torn up pinky.. dragging it all over the tank.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
what kind of thing are you after?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Hey Innes, dont those parrot cichlids get pretty large...like 10"? My gf got 3 for a 10 gallon because the dude at the lfs told her they would be fine...the next week we are at a different lfs and there is a massive one. I had her trade them in the next week.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
well I have kept them in a 20 imperial gallon before and they stoped growing at about 5"
they were great fish

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
they should grow at least 7-8 inches. You should have seen the jumbo ones in chinatown in philly. Not a good choice for a 20 gallon.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
get a community base tank..tetras,frogs,loaches,catfish,with a couple of angels..do not get a knifefish ..they get big and that tank will not hold them...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
BDKing57 said:
they should grow at least 7-8 inches. You should have seen the jumbo ones in chinatown in philly. Not a good choice for a 20 gallon.
I know how big they can get - and not from China town in Philly - but in a 20 gallon they will not get that big and in my opinion are suitable

I also like thePACKs idea

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
"BDK said:
You should get 10 Exodons
Good choice BDK, but his tank is high, not long. Exo need a fairly large tank to swim in.

I would say puffers!!! They're chick magnets!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts