Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I have been thinking about this for almost two weeks.. What should I get for a piranha tank? Right now I have 3 6-8 inch red's in a 75. I got some extra spending money. Should I get a 125 and put a total of 5 red's in it or a 180 and go with 7?? I know I could go acouple more in each tank but I think 1 fish per 25 gallon is best, they just have a little extra room then... The 180 setup would cost about $450 more. Is this worth it or should I just get the 125. Also the footprint on both tanks are 72x18x23 and the other is 72x24x25.... is the extra 6 inch width that important?? Because I know the extra 2 inches tall is no big deal... Thanks for the comments and help!

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i just purchased a 125gal 3 weeks ago i have 6 rbp in there. if i didn't live in a apartment block i would have went with a 180gal the six extra inches will help if your going to use a powerhead because they like to line up together side by side.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Depending on how much your into the hobby, its basically up to you to decide how long and dedicated your willing to spend $$$ on your fishes. 125 is OK, but later on you might want to upgrade into getting more shoals, different bigger fish..ect Being an aquarium hobbyist, can and will get expensive.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
If you plan on getting Piraya or other big pygo's 180 whould be better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.