Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have 3 rbp's so I'm not trying to contend with MAD, but I'm bored of beefheart and I hardly ever get to catch them eat feeders. So my question is what is the best fish to feed them where i could sit there and watch it? What would they attack fairly quickly? I was thinking of a beta, but if there are some better suggestions, im open. Oh by the way, my p's are like 6inches (almost).

Andrew

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I owned piranha, they would love to eat on channel cats. I was able to purchase them for around 20 cents a piece at a hatchery.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
For non-live food, try slad shrimps or smelt: my reds love it.
For live fish: try minnows, or one of those long-finned balloon-like inbred goldfish (I frickin' hate those damn ugly critters
)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i am talking LIVE! Who cares about non-live food! Im kidding, i usually feed beefheart, krill, shrimp, etc. But my brother's coming home and I wanted to show him the fury... haha

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried to feed them a beta fish, but they didn't touch him yet. The damn thing stays at the very top of the tank and barely moves. Im disappointed big time on this one. Gonna get some regular old feeders tomorrow.

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
well they will eat it eventualy. stupid betas swiming around like they are all that oh man i am gonna get one of those next time i am at my lfs and its gonna regret having those big stupid fins.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Crozy said:
well they will eat it eventualy. stupid betas swiming around like they are all that oh man i am gonna get one of those next time i am at my lfs and its gonna regret having those big stupid fins.
yeah but there is no fun in them, they are amongst the slowest swimmers in the waters. And not too bright when it comes to dealing with predators of other species... try giving them more of a challenge :smile:

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Try Danio Zebras since they are fast P´s should run to eat and keep alive!

It´s quite a show!

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I usually just look around the LFS and see what's on sale
You can sometime find pretty good deals on healthy fish that will give your P's a good work out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh well, I was playing baseball today cause its so nice out, and when I came home the beta was gone. Im glad to see that the f*cker's dead, but I wish I couldve seen it happen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts