Piranhas Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, with my baby reds I switch between bloodworms, brine shrimp, black worms, and a food I tailor made from my Oscar. (It's made of beef heart, shrimp, peas, chicken livers, spinach, and processed fish foods of a few different sorts.) I also got them a few feeders when they first got home, six two be exact, three were dead as soon as they hit the water. My girlfriend's breeding betas, and I intend to use some of her culls for food, and she's planning on picking up guppies as well and I'll be doing the same with them.

·
Banned
165 Posts
I've been feeding mine Rosy Red Minnows. They're just babies right now but they tear up those rosies. From what I understand RRM's are very nutritious and easily digested by babies. I also feed them a little bit of ground beef here and there (tiny pieces) ..I even gave them some ground BUFFALO meat.. which disappeared. So far, they seem to enjoy the RRM's the most... I added a dozen today, shut the lights off and left the room.. came back about 3 minutes later and there were 4 dead, half-eaten already. I basically plan on keeping the 15 gallon tank I have now to keep feeders in once I have the 90 setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
feeding your p's pinky's will introduce an essentially unecessary amount of risk as well as create quite a mess for you to clean up...if your doing it for the entertainment value thats one thing, but i wouldn't make it part of your habitual feedings.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts