1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again i was wondering what should i feed my baby reds they r 1"and i have 12
any suggestions????

thx

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
blood worms and brine shrip. thats what mines deit was. and switch it up a little give theme somthin little and live to so that can chase

·
Registered
169 Posts
what i did since they were at a really young age was give them a wide variety of foods. i've noticed it makes them use to everything and not favor just one type of food. one day i'll feed shrimp, the next beefheart, the next maybe some bloodworms. more of the bloodworms because from what i've seen feeding them bloodworms at a very young age brings their color out.

you should try not to feed them feeder fish such as guppies or goldfish. i gave them a treat every other week with a really big goldfish but as soon as they were done eating i took it out of the tank. a lot of them may have internal fungus or ick or something that will badly injure your p's especially at such a young age. also having 12 lil reds you should make sure they are well fed. i started out with 12 and the smaller ones ended up eating the bigger ones because they werent being fed as much.

good luck!

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
forget the brine shrimp.... start em off with regular fresh shrimp cut into tiny pieces

you can feed any adult piranha food if its cut into tiny pieces... fish, shrimp, worms... and bloodworms are good too for babies

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
mine got mostly blood worms twice a day

every now and then i gave them beef heart

and some cichlid pellets, cut shrimp and catfish too

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got a 2" RBP.

I tried feeding him with a small live fish called "selfin".

I'm from Philippines.

But the problem is my RBP doesn't eat the live fish.

What should I do?

I also tried feeding him a frozen tuna. He ate a bit of it but did not finished eating it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
boyignoy said:
I've got a 2" RBP.

I tried feeding him with a small live fish called "selfin".

I'm from Philippines.

But the problem is my RBP doesn't eat the live fish.

What should I do?

I also tried feeding him a frozen tuna. He ate a bit of it but did not finished eating it.
[snapback]1171054[/snapback]​
Is feeding a piranha with Tilapia safe?

Some of my friends say that Tilapia's fins are sharp and might injur my piranha.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts