Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have 3 rbp's in a 40 gallon, 2 of them are 4" and one of them is 3.5". I will be upgrading to a 75 gallon in a month and a half. The thing is my friend wants to give me his red that is 3.5", I also want it because the bastard has him in a 10 gallon tank with some other fish. Should I get the red from him and put it in the 40 gallon with the other p's or should I wait to get the other tank and then put him in. But if I get him now and put him in the 40 will my p's kill it? If I wait much longer I think it is going to die in the 10 gallon.

·
Registered
696 Posts
add him in there. no problem. I have 7 ex large in a 75 and that is pushing it, go for it man.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
add it, should be ok as long as you DO get the other tank. Before you put him in, remove your 3, redecorate to take away there territorial aggresion, and place them all in. He should be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i say it doesnt matter. if he is the same size as your other p's ther is no reason for them to kill him unless he , or your other p's have territorial problems. on the other hand i hve seen an 8 inch rbp suffer in a 10 gal tank for three months at a lfs. i was about to break out my old 20 gal tank and buy him out of sympathy before he got sold

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
GARGOYLE IS RIGHT REDECORATE AND THEN ADD NO PROB JUST BE SURE TO UPGRADE

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Shouldn't be any problem, keep them well fed and get the bigger tank soon!...as been said remember to redecorate and if you still see a lot of fin nippin low your tank temp!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts