Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have 3 rbp's in a 40 gallon, 2 of them are 4" and one of them is 3.5". I will be upgrading to a 75 gallon in a month and a half. The thing is my friend wants to give me his red that is 3.5", I also want it because the bastard has him in a 10 gallon tank with some other fish. Should I get the red from him and put it in the 40 gallon with the other p's or should I wait to get the other tank and then put him in. But if I get him now and put him in the 40 will my p's kill it? If I wait much longer I think it is going to die in the 10 gallon.

·
Registered
494 Posts
add him in there. no problem. I have 7 ex large in a 75 and that is pushing it, go for it man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i say it doesnt matter. if he is the same size as your other p's ther is no reason for them to kill him unless he , or your other p's have territorial problems. on the other hand i hve seen an 8 inch rbp suffer in a 10 gal tank for three months at a lfs. i was about to break out my old 20 gal tank and buy him out of sympathy before he got sold

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
3,668 Posts
GARGOYLE IS RIGHT REDECORATE AND THEN ADD NO PROB JUST BE SURE TO UPGRADE

·
OPEFE
9,941 Posts
Shouldn't be any problem, keep them well fed and get the bigger tank soon!...as been said remember to redecorate and if you still see a lot of fin nippin low your tank temp!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.