Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting a 157 gallon 7 feet long by 2 feet wide my 18 inch tall i only have 3 reds biggest is 6 inchs i am thinking for getting more piranhas. first i can get 3 more 5 inch+ reds for $135. second i want to put some caribes in but i can only aford for 2 right now and they are only 4 inchs. i would like a diff kind of piranha in the tank but i only can get 2. what way should i go??

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
keep your reds you have now...splurge and grab the caribe..then when you have more money buy the other reds...you could keep atleast 7-8 in there so

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
I say keep your 3 redz...and get 2 more caribe within the same size rang...save up some money and get another tank and another p...

fish and tank always come around....just remember as a piranha lover do what best for your fish.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have enought money to get 3 caribes but i would like to leave some money in my bank and i dont work right now and i have 5 tanks right now and the big tank will be my 6 one i have a 25 and 20 i would like to get rid off eventually and get a 90 gallon like i was planing on then if i do that i would have a 157 90 50 and a 10 gallon

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
wow...seems like you have some nice set-ups...get the caribe..they dont come around as much as ppl think they do....but if you cant afford it, get the reds...either decision will be a good one

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would wait until you can spare the money for 2 caribe, or maybe replace one with a piraya? They both have the most awsome colors :D

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
3 5" + reds for 135, damn thats expensive..................................

and yes i agree go with the caribe to make a great mixed shoal, this would be sweet

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i could get 2 4 inch caribes

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i think i am going to get 3 more 5inch + red because he has only got 5 inch + caribes and they are 79.99 for 1

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
well i think i am going to get 3 more 5inch + red because he has only got 5 inch + caribes and they are 79.99 for 1
i guess your going to fish gallery to pick up the p's eh??? thats what it sounds like.....all those 5"+ reds are my buddy dairywhip's on this site....people on this site dont know how expensive it is in winnipeg.....and the caribe are only 3-4" TOPS...so 79$ for that is expensive...thats why i havent added to my shoal yet....i even have some reds at the fishgallery....right above those reds you were looking at..top right tank of that stand...my old reds should still be in there.....the owners name is Ewing....great guy...and hes the only guy i deal with for piranha's....

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
keep your reds you have now...splurge and grab the caribe..then when you have more money buy the other reds...you could keep atleast 7-8 in there so
word k=get the caribe, and have a mixed shoal, nice i liiike

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
[/quote]

the caribe he wants to grab are like 80$...thats because the fish store owner lost lots of caribe while keeping them in his tank...due to aggression etc.......the reds hes might be getting should be about atleast 5" and they're 39.99$ a piece....tell the guy you'll give him 120 end of story...or do what you feel you want to man...

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
[/quote]

the caribe he wants to grab are like 80$...thats because the fish store owner lost lots of caribe while keeping them in his tank...due to aggression etc.......the reds hes might be getting should be about atleast 5" and they're 39.99$ a piece....tell the guy you'll give him 120 end of story...or do what you feel you want to man...
[/quote]
true true, but if you can afford to mix it up go for it, if not pedro has caribe i think

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wounder if he would give me a deal since i am picking up my tank that day which will cost $650 see if i can i buy one caribe and part of the next one for 2 it would be around $180.77 i will have hopefully have 169.45 buy sunday for the fish if now ill just get 3 reds

·
Registered
451 Posts
i would talk to him on winnipeg fish forum but for some reason my acc does not exist no more

·
Registered
750 Posts
I agree 100% plus cariba are alot harder to get ahold of, you can always finds reds. GO caribe, don't worry abot them onyl being 4 inches, they can more than hold their own against reds almost 2 times their size as long as their is not a crowding issue in the tank. I have seen and heard of 4 inch caribe dominating 7 inch reds. They are very pugnacious and tough as nails.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
f*ck the reds get Piraya and Caribe!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I hear you, wow my 50th post! wooha!
I have made 50 posts since I joined 3 days ago, is this unhealthy? Should I see a doctor?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
no chance in the world winnipeg is going to see a piraya dude....i bet im one of the few ppl in the city to have caribe as a shoal....grab the caribe tho dude..now that i think of it....because he only has like 7-8 for sale i believe...and we probably 95% guarentee'd we wont see them again in the city only if it were special orders...your choice tho

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would say that if you can afford it get the 2 Caribe for a mixed shoal.But i know what you mean about them being so expensive the prices for these fish here in Canada is crazy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts