Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Sparkley4Sho said:
IM SORRY! IM LOGED IN UNDER MY GAY SISTERS NAME!!!! hold on...
Marco dont trip!! I dont think we discriminate on "confused gender".

Doode, at your age, I know you'd want the best of the best and wanna floss in front of chicks and your friends. But honestly, Im glad that I got a hoop ride when I was younger and didnt buy a brand new car right away. Cars are bad investments!! First year you buy 'em, everyone envys you. But with cars, it comes with age. After a yr or two, your car wont be shiet.. it'll feel and look old, new looks and models of your car just came out, and you have 3 more years to pay it off. I'd go with a CRX for now, and save your money laters for a SL-55.

·
Registered
696 Posts
good luck on paying for that imsurance on a v-8 at your age unless your parents put t on there insurance, you will pay through the freaking roof, but go with a new car as it will be more realiable. Don't get em wrong been in many demo derbies in a honda accors and wone 2 out of 5 I have done, them things are indistructable!

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I don't like hondas but yeah you don't want one of your dream cars for your first car.

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
get cheaper insurance by: * not having a red car. >red looks faster to the naked eye<
*maintaining good grades in school >it'll show you're responsible<
*good driving record >it'll show you're a safe driver<
*no sports cars >same with the red. they look faster, and in most cases, are faster. anything with 2 doors is considered a sports car, whether or not you can do 65 on the freeway withouth killing your engine.<
those are the legal ways of keeping insurance down ... if you choose to go illegal, dont tell the insurance company a teenager will be driving ... just dont get caught cuz u wouldn't be insured... :-/ Yea. ... just stick to the guidelines above, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'd say go with neither, I have a 3 liter chrysler daytona, I have 1 speeding ticket and am 18, my insurance is 425 a month. A supercharged v-8 would be very high for insurance, and if you get a crx, I want to kick your ass in a street race.

I'd say go with something thats not in your list, cavalier z-24 or maybe a lumina.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
I have an '88 CRX SI myself. Its not a fast car at all-- and you won't win any street races with it-- but its still still pretty damned fun to rip around in a 2-seater. I'd definitely go for the cougar, though, if u can afford it and insurance.

·
TOP DOG
4,187 Posts
i dont think you can get one with a v8 supercharged. some have 3.8 supercharged and the newer ones have v8, but they're not supercharged. marco i got a 93 tbird 3.8 supercharged. black with tinted windows and grey leather interior. 1500.00 and i will sell it to you. only 88,000 miles.
wes

·
Registered
209 Posts
King is correct, and I'd go with the SC cougar. I dont like either car, but the cougar can be impressive with a little work. The CRX would need an entire engine swap and a butt load of cash to be almost repectable. Unless you want the "looks fast but isnt" kinda thing. I'm sure you could find a butt load more 10 foot spoilers, body kits and 10" exhaust tips for the civic

Seriously, though, the civic will be a cheaper ride, on insurance, gas, and probably maintenance as well. I'd just be embarrassed to be seen in one with the kiddie-poser stigma they now have attached to them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.