Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only kept regular and sailfin species. What other plecos have you kept w/ your ps and which do you like the most? Which does the best clean up job? Which seems to be most compatible with your ps?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I have a common pleco, and I would just stick with whatever is cheapest for one at your LFS cause sometimes they are just snacks for your P's, and sometimes they work out. I wouldnt put a hole in your pocket over a pleco...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i just keep a common pleco with mine and he is always getting little nips outta his tail.

except for my 10" pleco. they dont really bother him (my reds are only an inch or so)

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I have a sailfin and a common pleco, which I bought together with my reds, some 14 months ago.
Later I added a clown pleco, which is holding its own for about 5 months now, a tiny bristlenose pleco, and last month I added a gold nugget pleco. The clown and gold nugget were pretty expensive fish, but I decided to give it a try anyways, because my reds don't seem to give much about having other fish in their tank. But it took quite some time before I was willing to try this!

If you have plenty of money, you could give any species a try, no matter what price tag.
Otherwise, I'd try to keep a cheap common or sailfin pleco alive with your reds for more than 6 months: if that works out, try a more expensive one..

My 0,02... :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts