Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a few videos on piranha feeding. I'm seriously considering dropping my arowana idea and going for piranha in my 150 gallon instead, regardless that I absolutely love arowana. I love piranha aswell. I can make an excellent home for any type of piranha that will fit in there. I would rather a school of more than 10 in there though.. What type would you recommend? I don't know if I'm into the redbellies as much as a more vicious type. I want mean ones. Any suggestions?

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
well in a 150 i wouldn't say you could have a school of anything more than 10 for life. you might pull it off with reds for life but i would still say no. go with a school of cariba or Piraya. i like my reds they are fun but i am looking to expand my collection soon.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Get 6 or 7 Cariba, you won't be dissapointed!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
...the first option would look better
look better? no no no no

Sorry, i really think nothing can beat Cariba!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I really love the look of the spilos! But I tried to buy a few a while back and NO ONE was selling them. I went to every damn internet purchasing thing, no one would ship to Saskatchewan. Anybody want to sell me some?!?!?!?!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Id go with 10 reds or if you have the extra money get caribe

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If your looking for a fish just for feeding frenzy, thats the one. They have big appetites, get quite thick. Very terretorial and active. Good luck trying to find some. They are rare for now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually might take ' oh snap its eric ' jardini if he has no one else interested. But geez. I want arowanas and piranha. there just isn't enough money in my account to buy the tank of my dreams.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Caribas all the way!!! Good Luck in finding them though.. I have none.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi all

I recently aquired 7, 3-4" caribe. Quite frankly they're BONKERS ! I had prawns in a small glass the other day, defrosting. I thought i would hold the glass in the water to help with the defrosting, in seconds the glass was banged from below. These guys ARE what piranha are famed for. Totally arse-kicking!!!
Ta.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
look better? no no no no

Sorry, i really think nothing can beat Cariba!
Almost every experience owner who has shoaled Serras has said there is no comparison in aggression. Take, Bob Hares 7 Geryi for example, they are insane and define insanity. The Irritans Shoal i have seen was crazy, they were chasing each other constantly, but had no fin nippage. If you want an impressive tank I would go for some Geryi, they are meaner and much better looking.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cariba ?

Yes!nearly the best possible buy !

I hown 2 of them , they are around 25cm and 4 years old.

They live together with 2 old nat's( 10 years and ca 22cm).

I would like to get more cariba, but they are very rare in my country,didn't saw any in the last two years.

But I got 2 piraya 6 weeks ago, but what a price ( 125 euro !)

Do any of you know a sourrce to buy cariba in germany ?
Or someone who can send this fish to my home ?

But : concratulations to this forum, very nice , good info !

Regards

Azrael

·
Registered
244 Posts
I also agree on caribe. But they do take more space than red belly piranhas. So I say 7 would be good in the tank. Start them off small and watch them grow.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would defintely go with shoaling pygos. I would get 3-caribe 3-reds 3-ternetzi and maybe one piraya. It would add a lot of diversity to your tank. Just make sure you get all about the same size and at the same time if you can. This is something I am actually looking to do when i get a bigger tank.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts