Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know much about Pirahnas, but am slowly learning.
Id love to get 1 for myslef and try taking it, although i dont know which 1 to choose...I was thinking of the SERRASALMUS BRANDTii

Any suggestions
?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Get a Serrasalmus Rhombeus if your only looking one piranha. If you want a shoal of them get six Caribe. A 100 gallon for a Serrasalmus Brandtii is more than needed and you would just be wasting room. But it's up to you. I imagine if you did put a Serrasalmus Brandtii in there it would grow nice and big because it would have more room to swim in. Probably could grow over it's max size because they only need about 40 gallons per Brandtii but they can't be kept together. They would kill each other.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
You guys, I think, are misunderstanding him. He is refering to 100 LITRE tank. I dont really know how many gallons that is. But its not 100 gallons

~Dj

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
if it is a 100ltr it will be @ 40 us gal so getting a serra will probably be best and as he asked for only 1 piranha then a brandti would be a good choice or a smallish rhom say 5-6'' .
if it is a 100 gal then i would go with pygo's either reds or cariba but if moneys not tight then piraya @ 6-7
dixon

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Umm 25g...i'd say 1 Spilo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.