Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what other kind of pirnaha can i add with my reds i lost one las night and i only have 3 right now and i will be getting a 157g soon 84 by 24 w by 18 t my p's right now are around 5-7inchs could i add like 2-3 small caribe??

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Cariba would be cool.
Any of the pygos can mix with your reds, as long as they're relatively the same size.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
you can add and mixed any pygo together...red, tern, caribe, and piraya.thier all can shoal together.

you can add 3 more to your bigger tank. but i recomend that you add the same size or slightly a bit different to provide them from picky on the little and kill.

·
Registered
655 Posts
when u wanna introduce the fish tak all the old ones out and change the tank around then add them all at the same time...... not sure if you already knew this but thaught i would make a point of saying it ... this way they have no establish territories. Less chance of fighting

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
when u wanna introduce the fish tak all the old ones out and change the tank around then add them all at the same time...... not sure if you already knew this but thaught i would make a point of saying it ... this way they have no establish territories. Less chance of fighting
Also you want to rearrange your tank set up before you introduce them all the same time..
keep the light off or low when introduce them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill add them when i get my new tank

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how small can the caribes be before its to risky my reds are from 5-7inch

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am thinking of trading my 3 5-7 inch reds in +money for 3 2 1/2 reds and 3 2 1/2 caribes so they are the same size because i ont have enough money to buy bigger caribe around the same size as my reds

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Anything from the pygo genus.

·
Registered
652 Posts
good luck with whatever ou chose. id go with a couple of every pygo with the tank your getting. mixed shoals are sweet looking.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where i live the guy only has rhoms reds and caribe he might be able to order some in but will take awhile

1 - 12 of 12 Posts