Piranhas Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
how do you go about geting permits and junk to keep illegal fish like channas. go to your local fish and wildlife place and ask for one. do you have to be a certain age.

how do you get all of those permits poly for the fish you keep.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Obtaining permits is a matter of finding out the regs in your city/county/state/country, depending on what you are going for, and adhering to th eguidelines. Most permits have pretty stict guidelins defining who/and or what qualifies. Each agency responsible will be different as to the qualification requirements of the would be permit holder, facility requirements, safety/non-escape accidental release precautions, insurance/bonding requirements, etc.

·
Registered
329 Posts
u piece of sh*t... why would u ever do that??? if plan to buy piranha together just ship them to me. ill dump them in my tank :rasp:

·
Registered
24,433 Posts
I think an important point has been missed.

Breeding an endangered species like crazy DOES NOT solve the problem of how they got endangered in the first place.

to bring the species back from endangered list you need every male and female asian aro and BREED them all then try and save as many babies possible
You actually need to preserve and increase their habitat and protection. Protection, ironically, being an issue very relevant to us, the aquarists. Encouraging captive breeding in any way and NEVER wanting wild protected species is our role as aquarists. Giving money to needy scientists never hurt either!

And for how introduced fish can hurt our (or other) native waters, excuse me while I whip this out....

http://www.piranha-fury.com/forum/pfury/in...showtopic=28526

·
Registered
434 Posts
asian aros are awesome!

its too bad they are illegal in the states...
i live in canada.... my asian aro is microchiped, got cert, etc...

the pic of mine is in my avatar

41 - 49 of 49 Posts