Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my rbp have been acting fine in their 75g tank. The water conditions are fine. The temp is at 80 degrees. I have noticed that the eyes on my fish have been getting bigger. But I looked at some pics on the web and it seemed normal. So I come home today to find that one of my rbp has what looks like a bag of pus above one of his eyes. I am including some pics so as to insure proper diagnosis. He acts fine, swims, and eats. Maybe he just bashed into something. This is the only problem and I did not see this yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all!

·
Registered
496 Posts
The first thing I would do is put in some salt.

1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water is the rule of thumb.

Do this and observe him for about 3-4 days and then post again to see if it's helped or not.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
hydroshutter said:
The first thing I would do is put in some salt.

1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water is the rule of thumb.

Do this and observe him for about 3-4 days and then post again to see if it's helped or not.
I would do the same, but I would do a water change first

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I'd like to know if the problem has spread out more since noticing it for the first time. If it started out small and grew.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.