Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Black Diamond yesterday via mail. Immediately, I noticed this big petrusion on his chin, but now i noticed this white spot on him. I assume they are from shipping and the captivity tank at the store, but I would like to make sure he's not in danger. What are they, and will they eventually heal?

Water Fin Fish Underwater Fluid Fin Underwater Fish Marine biology Snout Fin Underwater Water Fish Iris

Attachments

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
still shouldn't look like that regardless. That is horrible. I would be pissed buying a fish that looked like that. PISSED!!!

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Yeah man-If the condition doesn't improve before long or you are at a loss on what to do sir-Pm me and i will tell ya what I have done with Crosshairs big guy!!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know, i noticed that fin rot too, but didn't know what it was. I never saw either before and i just figured it was part of the ammonia burn. will that get better? I got this guy from AquaScape just so everyone knows

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Im not the smartest man in the world, but ...

the thing on his chin is what is commonly referred to as a "chimple". These are usually brought about from the fish rubbing up against the glass repeatedly.

That nasty stuff all over his body is a case of ammonia burn. Likely acquired during the shipping process. You are usually supposed to starve fish for a few days so they arent producing a ton of waste in their tiny shipping container while en route.

With some TLC, the ammonia burns should subside. As for the chimple, short of cutting it off, I really have no idea what to do about that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
the chimple will go away if he is in a proper sized tank, and when he is comftorable in his enviorment and stress free, not fast but slowly it will heal.

As far as the ammonia burn search it on here and get the proper care info.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
Damn, I wish i would have seen this earlier. Maracyn2 is great for finrot, Maroxy for fungus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts