Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the rule of thumb for this is. I realize that it is variable depending on many factors but just like cichlids and some other fish I was wondering if there is a sort of "norm" amount that they grow each month. For example: Large cichlids like oscars, jags, RD, ect. grow about 1" per month until around 10-12" and slow down to around 1" every few months or so. Thanks

Chad

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Just wondering what the rule of thumb for this is. I realize that it is variable depending on many factors but just like cichlids and some other fish I was wondering if there is a sort of "norm" amount that they grow each month. For example: Large cichlids like oscars, jags, RD, ect. grow about 1" per month until around 10-12" and slow down to around 1" every few months or so. Thanks

Chad
It depends on the max size or the species. A rhom will grow larger in the first few years then a brandtii or irritans. My irritans have grown to 4.5"-5" in a little over 2 years...I would think that in 2 years you could grow a rhom to 7"-8". After that.....it will really slow down.....

Moved to piranha discussion.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
on the first year depending on many factor as for growing...depend on

good water parameter
eat well
active
big tank, lots of space to swim
etc...you can get a Serra. up to 6" after a year it would grow slower about 1" per year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I was just kind of curious to see what the average was. How slow do brandtii grow? I hear they rarely hit anything past 8".

Chad

·
Registered
415 Posts
now... how big do DIAMOND RHOMS GET??? thats what i wanna know

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
In the wilde is huge maybe 17" or bigger..i dont know who have to biggest BDR in the aquarium...maybe about 12" the biggest but it just my guess.

·
Registered
415 Posts
well i hope he will get bigger than that but im still going to try and do everything i can to get him to be bigger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts