Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The man
1,834 Posts
freakgasolinefightaccident said:
Overall agression and danger towards other fish,midas or red devil?
[snapback]830692[/snapback]​
Red Devil?

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
oh but I've found all kittens to be submersible. Double-up a couple plastic garbage bags, toss a couple large stones in with the kitties and tie the ends down very good, you will find they work quite well in a 75g setup.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
lemmywinks said:

and it is entirly up to the individual fish. both are very similar

[snapback]836103[/snapback]​
I would hardly say the Amphilophus citrinellum is nearly as similar as a Cichlasoma labiatum. Books have said Midas is much more aggressive.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Filo said:
I would hardly say the Amphilophus citrinellum is nearly as similar as a Cichlasoma labiatum. Books have said Midas is much more aggressive.
[snapback]836244[/snapback]​
trust me on this. dont beleive everything you read

many books are outdated. like how you posted cichlasoma labiatum
if you werent going out of a book when you wrote that you would know that cichlasoma is a very outdated name when refering to cichlids

and yes, they do have very similar personalities, no matter what any book says

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
if i cant learn from books, what can i do to learn... (no flame intended) I just read and hope that the author knows what they talk about.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Filo said:
if i cant learn from books, what can i do to learn... (no flame intended) I just read and hope that the author knows what they talk about.
[snapback]836315[/snapback]​
books provide alot of good info. It's just that not eveything in books is 100% acurate. I've read a few diffrent cichlid books and when I get to something that is obviosuly incorrect I just laugh a litte
IMO, the best way to learn about cichlids and other fish is to hear from the owners themselves. such as on fish forums

1 - 19 of 19 Posts