Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a pleco that will grow to be prety big (over 7") and I want to get two of them for my 90g. There is already a bristlenose pleco and he is awesome but he hides all day and only comes at night. I want some I can see sucking on the wall from time to time. Thanks for your help

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
In my experiance most plecos are fairly non-aggressive, but can be slightly terratorial, but in a 90g I cant see that being a big problem.

I suggest you go for the pleco that you see that is a reasonable price, and that you like.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
do you really want so many plecos in your system?...they just produce so much waste and when they get bigger they just sit there and take space..

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
common pleco will work fine

i have to agree with pack though, they're just gonna make alot of spaghetti-string sh*t for you to clean up

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thePACK said:
do you really want so many plecos in your system?...they just produce so much waste and when they get bigger they just sit there and take space..
mabye I will just get one that grows large then. Then I will have a b-nose which will stay small and a large pleco. That sounds good.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
thePACK said:
Very true!!
And if you are going to house him in with your Ps, you might as well get a common type just so that you wont feel bad about spending so much on a Pleco that would just get killed.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No no no, the 90g is a community tank.

I already have a bristlenose pleco. They do kick ass but I want one that grows larger

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
get a royal or one of those crazy cactus one. go on planetcatfish.com and check out the best rated plecos... best way to go about it.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
if you want an interesting one try Ancistrus cf. temminckii - Temminck's bristlenose or Hypancistrus zebra - Zebra suckermouth L 46

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Adonis pleco's are nice, and will grow very big (at least 15-20"), but are extremely expensive...
Other cool ones are clowns, gold nuggets, zebra's and mango pleco's, but they don't get that big.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts