Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have 3 plecos and they seem to be making more of a mess then they are cleaning. i have 2 mystery snails but there not helping because the convicts are picking on them, so they stay in the shell. so im just wondering if there are any fish that eat the crap and can live with convicts and wont eat frys?

3,843 Posts
I believe goldfish eat so much food, that when they sh*t it isn't fully processed and sometimes they eat it, don't know for sure though.

· Registered
95 Posts
Try a Synodontis or Raphael catfishes. They usually start cleaning up left overs after the lights are off.
If you have a large tank, then Pangasius conchophilus is the way to go. Omnivarous, consumes cichlid sticks, pellets, wafers, krill, sinking shrimp pellets and etc. I have trouble getting enough food for tankmates cause it just eats everything.

· Registered
13,105 Posts
Filo said:
No fish eat sh*t. Period.
[snapback]827776[/snapback]​
Sorry, that's wrong.

There are a lot of saltwater tangs that do. Also 'scats' do feed off of wastewater plants (gross, I know) but I dont know how well that'd translate to a tank.

Bottom line, the crap has to be nutritious, and the animal has to be adapted for it. And most aquarium fish really dont do this.

Don't count on catfish surviving off of crap, by the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.