• Small Pebbles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Pebbles

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I love the way black sand looks. But it looks dirty fast. But crushed volcanic rock is da best. It looks similar to sand but it's bigger and doesen't stir like sand. But it is some major money. About two bucks a pound

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
IMO: Dark gravel rules!

·
Registered
213 Posts
i really like this stuff i bought for my new tank.. it has white, light / dark green, black, and gray gravel in it... the light green looks like it actually glows a little bit, cool stuff, plus it's only 15 cents a lb. at my LFS
.. when i get it set up i'll post a better pic, that one was just taken on my desk, but you get the idea... btw i voted black sand

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
white sand is my favorite, it looks so natural I want some carribean sand for my salttank

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think it all depends on what fish and decor you have in your tank. If you want the fish to blend in, get gravel or sand that is more towards the fishes color. If you want the fish to stand out in your tank, get the opposite colored gravel.

For SW, sand is the only way to go

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just tried some sand from HD and it wouldnt settle??It wasnt white sand but it wouldve looked good if it would have settled..I tossed it and bought Arkansas river gravel and i think its gonna look good too?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.