Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just set this up today. First the filtration, I have a ehiem2213 canister, a rena xp1 canister, and a magnum 350 canister on the tank. also i have 2 300 watt heaters , and 4 power heads ranging from 200 to 300 gal per hour pumping capacitys. Glass tops with a long strip light. As far as filtration goes do you think I have enough, they used to be on a 75 gal. and will my power heads be enough for a good current in that large a tank?

·
Registered
589 Posts
juiced said:
i just set this up today. First the filtration, I have a ehiem2213 canister, a rena xp1 canister, and a magnum 350 canister on the tank. also i have 2 300 watt heaters , and 4 power heads ranging from 200 to 300 gal per hour pumping capacitys. Glass tops with a long strip light. As far as filtration goes do you think I have enough, they used to be on a 75 gal. and will my power heads be enough for a good current in that large a tank?
[snapback]849234[/snapback]​
Yeah, I'd say you have enough filtration between those 3 filters for that tank. With the 4 powerheads, I'm sure the fish will be enjoying that current also.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
acidWarp said:
Yeah, I'd say you have enough filtration between those 3 filters for that tank. With the 4 powerheads, I'm sure the fish will be enjoying that current also.

[snapback]849287[/snapback]​
I currently have 4 6" reds and 1 6" caribe could i safly put any more in? it is a large tank.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yea prob . if you are willing to take a loss.... i have same tank w/16 smaller p's

and i have 2 top fin 60's...for filtration.........

i have been thinking of adding a p-head or canister....

but this is not their permanant home.... it will be home to a single rhom and i hope that will be enough filtration for him...............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts