Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm planning on setting up an aquarium to house one 2" baby Medinai Piranha...if i can get my hands on one. I'm planning on buying a 29g tank, with a an Emporer biowheel 280, Marineland Power Head 660, Aquarium Systems Visi-Therm 150 Watt Heater. Is the power head enough to creat oxygen? Or do i need anything else. Thats the biggest tank i can get as of right now. I'm sure i'll have to upgrade later on. What do you guys think of this setup?? anything i need to change? Thanks for any info!

· Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WorldBelow07 said:
the filters alone are enough oxygen for him. i would leave out the powerhead til he gets til 4-6 inches tho. hes still a baby at 2". everything in that setup is perfect tho. good luck

[snapback]871112[/snapback]​
Ok, so without power head the emporer will provide enough oxygen?

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
I also agree to take down the powerhead. Your guy is only a baby at 2", and a powerhead in a 29 gal might create somewhat of a whirlpool effect. Not good for growing Ps. And as long as your emperor makes water surface disruption, oxygen would be efficient enough. The heater is too much IMO. I have a 30 gal with a 75 watt maxed out, which provides more than enough heat for the tank. (if you want to save some $$$ on electric bill)

BTW: You might want to tie a hose over the intake tube of the Emperor. Dont want that little guy disappearing on you due to being accidently sucked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.