Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Someones offering me to trade my 8" Rhom for a 6-7" Piraya. Which I will put the Piraya in with my RB shoal.

What do you guys think?? Would you do it?? Im having a tough decision with this one..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think a piraya would be really sweet to own...I might not place it with my reds but I wouldn't mind having a shoal of like 6 by themselves or mixed in a large tank with some caribe. The growth potential and the ability to shoal makes that decision lean towards getting the piraya at least for me anyway.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Get it. Piraya's are one hell of a fish. I don't see a problem with him and the reds. You will not be dissapointed.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Do it.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
I would do it I like the color a lot more than rhoms.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
this thread should help you out

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Come on...if you can buy it, buy it...it´s a great fish!

·
18,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK you guys made my mind up.. Im gonna check out the Piraya later this evening to make up the final decision. If I do trade my Rhom, I will most def go 12"+ bigger or divide the 30 gal and get 2 different baby Serras.

Also, a question for you Piraya owners. Aren't they more sensetive with water perimeters than Caribas or even red???

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
For growth reasons maybe. I over run on the filtration though. They are as resilliant as any other pygo.

·
18,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aiight cool!!! You guys made up my mind!!
I'll do it.

Anyone have pix of one just so that I can admire for a soon to become Piraya owner?? Tenx!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.