Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Someones offering me to trade my 8" Rhom for a 6-7" Piraya. Which I will put the Piraya in with my RB shoal.

What do you guys think?? Would you do it?? Im having a tough decision with this one..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think a piraya would be really sweet to own...I might not place it with my reds but I wouldn't mind having a shoal of like 6 by themselves or mixed in a large tank with some caribe. The growth potential and the ability to shoal makes that decision lean towards getting the piraya at least for me anyway.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I would take that deal. Pirayas are awesome! By far my favorite pygo. How big is your tank and how many reds do you have.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Get it. Piraya's are one hell of a fish. I don't see a problem with him and the reds. You will not be dissapointed.

·
Bean Power!
8,912 Posts
Do it.

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
I would do it I like the color a lot more than rhoms.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
this thread should help you out

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
weigh your pros and cons... go with the worst case secenario and go with the best case scenario, see if pros outweigh the cons, if they do, go for it :
:

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
i would do it also piraya's are exellent ans looking at your sig it should go well with you reds
dixon

·
OPEFE
10,250 Posts
Come on...if you can buy it, buy it...it´s a great fish!

·
18,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK you guys made my mind up.. Im gonna check out the Piraya later this evening to make up the final decision. If I do trade my Rhom, I will most def go 12"+ bigger or divide the 30 gal and get 2 different baby Serras.

Also, a question for you Piraya owners. Aren't they more sensetive with water perimeters than Caribas or even red???

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
I think you made the right decision Zilla! Next we will have PiraZilla.

I am pretty sure that piraya are very sensitive to water conditions...

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
For growth reasons maybe. I over run on the filtration though. They are as resilliant as any other pygo.

·
18,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aiight cool!!! You guys made up my mind!!
I'll do it.

Anyone have pix of one just so that I can admire for a soon to become Piraya owner?? Tenx!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts