Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is ridiculous to sue people for downloading songs when M tv charges artists for playing them. Why don't they get with the times and do something creative and have something where people can get the songs they need for a MINIMAL amount. I would pay a couple of bucks a month to do so. But not at the rates they want now. Go ahead sue see if the courts will allow them to be flooded with PETTY lawsuits.
What did getting rid of napster do? It publicised it to the point that there are dozens of p2p programs out there now. And they were a little smarter about locating it out of the country.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The record company rips you off buy selling you 15 dollar cds with one song you want and a whole rest of the album full of crap. Why not sue the band for not meeting your expectations next time you buy a cd? There is in fact a valid argument here, just like you can sue a band for sucking in concert. YOU SUCK CREED!
DIE

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BDKing57 said:
The record company rips you off buy selling you 15 dollar cds with one song you want and a whole rest of the album full of crap. Why not sue the band for not meeting your expectations next time you buy a cd? There is in fact a valid argument here, just like you can sue a band for sucking in concert. YOU SUCK CREED!
DIE
I agree, They are trying to pass a law that they can come in your house take your computer and sue you for damages.
I highly doubt that it will pass. But what is next? They just look like a bunch of babies.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yeah the Record companies are Stalling and they know it... As computers get better, the Record Companies loose more and more control... All they would have to do is drop prices to 7-8 bucks and people would buy them again.... I have really looked into this as I came into money and now I going to start and one Band record Label... I have done research on how much the whole process BASICALLY costs. It's ridiculous how much money the record companies make... On a $7-8 CD(which Is what MY record label will charge) I will still make a hefty profit... Think about it, With all the file sharing problems wouldn't it be easier to buy a CD for 7-8 bucks(Thats Canadian) then to burn it? Factor in, It takes you 1-2 Bucks for the CD and could be upwards of 2-3 hours getting the entire album.... So basically your working for $2.50 to $3.00 an hour... Now isn't your time worth more than that? At the 15 doller price tag, I agree, Burn it... Oh and I agree Creed f*cking sucks, but I knew that Pre-First Album. First time on the Radio? WOW Cristian pearl jam! YES SIGN ME UP!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I agree with all that's been said.

The RIAA is threatening suing people that download music, but I think it's hogwash.

Napster wasn't true P2P and had a central server so it was easy to log it. Programs like Kazza lite is true P2P, with no central server, and has millions of people on it at any given time. They don't have the resources or manpower to track but a small few out of that.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
They are still making a killing, the greedy bastards. Downloading music has not stopped me from purchasing albums. In fact, i will rush right out to the store to buy an album or band that i have discovered by downloading their music. In the same way, it keeps me from making the mistake of buying crap ass albums that are being shoved down our mouths from these damn mainstream record companies. Screw these guys, their music is uninspirational and shitty. Ill stick with buying the classics like Chicago II

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Yeah I agree right now I just logged on to Kazza and there are 3,643,188 users online. They don't have enough time or money to track down that many people. I read somewhere that they are going to try to fine people who share files $125,000 per copy righted file that you share. They can have fun collecting that much money from people like me who share 10,000 songs. They can kiss my ass

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
This is one of those "crimes" that is unstopable. Are you going to jail the entire united states college population, or sue them all for 1,000,000 dollars? Get real. I hate the goverment especially after i got a 560 dollar speeding ticket in virginia which serves no other purpose but to pay for some bogus towns over paid goverment body which is essential useless. F-U Judge

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
BDKing57 said:
DIE
...15 is still cheap ..my local records store ....tower records...charge 18.99..21 bucks with taxes...i have not purchased a cd in about 4 years and don't plan on it...

·
Registered
413 Posts
BDKing57 said:
This is one of those "crimes" that is unstopable. Are you going to jail the entire united states college population, or sue them all for 1,000,000 dollars? Get real. I hate the goverment especially after i got a 560 dollar speeding ticket in virginia which serves no other purpose but to pay for some bogus towns over paid goverment body which is essential useless. F-U Judge
dont forget you got your license suspended there too, that is the stupidest thing, how do you get a fine that big and a suspention, owell i guess you wont even be driving through that state so what does it matter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.